"I love medicine, but I prefer to be behind the scenes of patient care. I like the testing in the lab. You have to know so much and relate it to the patient. Lab people are methodical and process-oriented. I want to be involved, doing the lab work that's significant to the treatment of patients."
— Emily Wahrendorf
Paul R Johnson, PhD, MBA, MT(ASCP)
- Assistant Professor of CHP-Clinical Laboratory Science
Education & Fellowships
- PhD: University of Louisville, 2011, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology
- MBA: University of Illinois at Chicago, 2004
Specialties & Certification
- Medical Technology (MT) (ASCP)
Link to PubMed (Opens new window. Close the PubMed window to return to this page.)
- Wu R, Kausar H, Johnson P, Montoya-Durango DE, Merchant M, Rane MJ. Hsp27 regulates Akt activation and polymorphonuclear leukocyte apoptosis by scaffolding MK2 to Akt signal complex. J. Biol. Chem. 2007; 282(30):21598-608.
- Johnson PR. Down-regulation of bile acid synthesis and a metabolic co-activator under hypoxic conditions - implications in obstructive sleep apnea. Med Hypotheses. 2008;71(4):530-536.
- El Haibi CP, Sharma PK, Singh R, Johnson PR, Suttles J, Singh S, Lillard JW Jr. PI3Kp110-, Src-, FAK-dependent and DOCK2-independent migration and invasion of CXCL13-stimulated prostate cancer cells. Mol Cancer. 2010 Apr 22;9(1):85.