10 Days To Career Advancement
The field of sleep studies is growing at an unprecedented rate. Increased awareness of sleep disorders has intensified the demand for sleep testing.
Our ten-day course will immerse you in the most up-to-date instruction and technology.
About the Program
The Sleep Studies/Polysomnography Course is sponsored by the Center for Sleep Disorders Education. The Center is a collaboration between Upstate Medical University's College of Health Professions, Department of Respiratory Therapy Education and VA Medical Center.
The course is well balanced between classroom instruction and hands-on lab work and patient interaction. Classes are small, so participants have constant access to faculty.
The Sleep Studies/Polysomnography course is aimed at respiratory therapists and other health professionals who want to gain the immediate skills to conduct sleep studies and who ultimately want to sit for the national Polysomnography Registry Exam.
- Excellent instruction at an excellent price.
- National job placement available.
- The only sleep studies course to offer four college credits.
- Immediately prepares you to perform sleep studies.
- Provides a foundation for the polysomnography registry exam.
Department of Respiratory Therapy Education
SUNY Upstate Medical University
College of Health Professions
Course dates are:2008
- January 21-February 1, 2008
- April 7-18, 2008
- October 13-24, 2008
- January 19-30, 2009
- April 6-17, 2009
(Current courses through July 2007 are full.)
Classes are held at Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, NY, and/or at the VA Medical Center, and/or St. Joseph's Sleep Lab. Upstate Medical University has the longest established Respiratory Therapy degree program in New York state.
Costs and Credits
The cost of the course is $2,500 and includes all materials and course credits. Special rate housing is available at nearby hotels. Each successful graduate of the ten-day course will earn four credits from the State University of New York.
Hotel and Travel Information
Hotels: Participants in the Sleep Studies Course are given a discount at these establishments:Crest Hill Suites
6410 New Venture Gear Drive
East Syracuse, New York 13057
888 723-1655 or 315 432-5595
Rooms are $79-$89 per night and include:
- Shuttle service
- Complimentary breakfast and evening social hour
- Free local phone calls and high-speed Internet access; two phone lines in room
- Fully equipped kitchen in room
- Daily housekeeping and free guest laundry
- Fitness center and courtyard pool
801 University Ave
Syracuse, NY 13210
315 475-3000 Mention that you would like the SUNY discount
Please ask for the SUNY Sleep discount rate.
The hotel includes:
- Walking distance to class (on Syracuse University Campus)
- Restaurant and lounge on premises
- Indoor pool and health club
1060 E. Genesee Street
Syracuse, NY 13210
Advantages of staying at the Genesee Grande Hotel:
- Complimentary Shuttle Service to and from the airport and to SUNY Upstate Medical University
- Complimentary Parking/Valet Parking Available
- Fitness Center complete with free weights and a 20 piece workout facility
- High Speed and Wireless Internet
- Walking Distance from SUNY Upstate Medical University (4 blocks)