Lung Cancer Screening Program
Phone: 315 464-8668 or 800 464-8668
Location: 550 Harrison Street, Suite 105, Syracuse, NY Map & Directions
Upstate Cancer Center offers first lung cancer screening program in CNYRead the WSYR Channel 9 article...
A lung CT scan can detect tiny spots or nodules on your lungs years before they would ever be seen on a regular chest x-ray. The low dose screening CT test is a 20 second scan of your chest and lungs. No injections or medications are needed.
Lung cancer screening program for current and former smokers:
- 55-74 years of age
- Current or former cigarette smokers of a least 1 pack a day for 30 years or 2 packs a day for 15 years
- If you have quit smoking, it must be within the last 15 years
This scan is NOT currently covered by any insurance. The cost of the test is $235, about the cost of of two cartons of cigarettes.
- A low dose CT scan that can be scheduled after normal business hours
- A professional reading and interpretation of the findings by a dedicated chest radiologist
- A CD with the images for your personal records
- A letter to your personal physician
- Free smoking cessation counseling by a certified smoking cessation counselor
- Referrals to other medical professionals as well as access to Upstate's Multi-disciplinary Thoracic Oncology Program if anything worrisome is noticed on your scan
- Reminder in one year to schedule another scan if you so desire
- Free parking at the scanning location (550 Harrison Center)
Radiation Therapy for Prostate Cancer?
You Have Options: Upstate is studying an investigational device designed to reduce the amount of radiation healthy tissue is exposed to during prostate cancer radiation treatment. Learn More...