Spotlight on the New Upstate Cancer Center
Patient and Family Advisory Committee
The UCC Patient & Family Advisory Committee is comprised of current and former patients, family members, and Upstate staff with a common goal of improving the patient experience by developing, supporting, and implementing initiatives in advocacy, education, navigation, and resource development which complement their medical care.
- Compassion - offer empathy and understanding to patients through our shared experiences.
- Empowerment - give patients and families an outlet for their ideas and input in an effort to improve the patient experience through actionable initiatives
- Knowledge - seek out resources that allow for the most current research and methodology and help to distribute said information
- Collaboration - facilitate, build, and grow affiliations with the medical community, government, non-profit sector, and general community in any way that strengthens the framework of our patient experience
- Patient education and access to resources
- Creation of patient support groups
- Patient to patient mentor programs
- Survey development for strategic and program development
- Assisting awareness campaigns and events