About the Upstate Cancer Center
Upstate University Hospital uses the most advanced treatments available to fight cancer from the latest surgical procedures and chemotherapy agents to state-of-the-art radiation such as IMRT and Gamma Knife. These programs include:
- Regional Oncology Center – with a newly renovated outpatient facility and a state-of-the-art infusion area.
- Radiation Oncology – offers the latest in radiotherapy technology including IMRT and respiratory gating.
- Gamma Knife Center, the only one of its kind in Central New York!!
- Patricia J. Numann Breast & Endocrine Surgery Center
- Bone Marrow Transplant Program – the only bone marrow transplant program in the region.
- Oncology Inpatient Unit – If you are being admitted for your treatment, we have a dedicated acute Oncology Unit, 8-Oncology.
Upstate University Hospital is also the only hospital in Central New York to use the expertise of a team of surgeons, medical oncologists and radiation oncologists in multi-disciplinary approaches to fighting cancer. These Multidisciplinary Clinics include:
There are many other Cancer Programs available to fight cancer at University Hospital.
Our Cancer Center wouldn't be complete without the wide range of Support Services that are offered to all of our patients.