Andrea S Viczian, PhD
- Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology
- Assistant Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Assistant Professor of Cell and Developmental Biology
- Assistant Professor of Neuroscience and Physiology
Research Programs and Affiliations
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Biomedical Sciences Program
- Neuroscience Program
- Neuroscience and Physiology
- Research Pillars
Education & Fellowships
- Postdoctoral Fellow: University of Cambridge, Cambridge, England, 2002, Developmental Biology
- Postdoctoral Fellow: Marshall-Sherfield Fellow, University of Cambridge, 1999, Developmental Biology
- PhD: University of California at Los Angeles, 1998, Neuroscience
- Mammalian retinal stem cells formation; molecular mechanism of retinal cell fate decisions; using cell replacement therapy to heal the blinded eye.
Link to PubMed (Opens new window. Close the PubMed window to return to this page.)
For more information about my lab research interests, please follow this link:
Electron Microscopy reconstruction of the yeast vacuolar ATPase. Ribbon models for individual protein subunits have been fit to the electron density.
From the lab of Stephan Wilkens, PhD.