What We Do
Board members Nancy Chepenuk and Libby Rubenstein working at Golisano's Snow Flake Central
Current Activities Include:
- Sponsoring hospital blood drives. With our volunteer support, we have met or surpassed our goals at each quarterly drive
- Sponsoring blood pressure screenings at local grocery stores.
- Creating special events on select patient units as a diversion for patients and family members.
- Providing periodic educational opportunities for our members and others in the community through our partnership with HealthLink
- In 2012-13, awarding 55 grants totaling $100,000 to Upstate Medical University and its campuses, helping to educate patients and families and make their hospital stay more comfortable
- Golf tournament proceeds benefiting the Women’s Health Network at the Community Campus.
- Making 2 more payments totaling $30,000 towards our pledge of $150,000 for the new Cancer Center. Total paid to date: $60,000
- Donating $25,000 to the Upstate Poison Center - key recipient of our 15th annual Mystery, Malt & Merlot
In order to do this, funds are generated through several means:
- Commission from contracts for hospital services – Tim Hortons, EspressOasis, Lori’s Gift Shop, TeleHealth (patient TVs and telephones), vending machines, baby photographs
- Fall Swing Golf Tournament which will be held September 11, 2013
- Our signature event, Mystery, Malt and Merlot - April 4, 2014
- Ever-evolving activities by our Fund Development & Service Committees