Accelerator Environment: The CNY Biotech Accelerator is a joint project between Upstate Medical University and SUNY-ESF . The 40,000-square-foot building will accommodate companies involved in the commercialization of biomedical technologies.
The main physical feature of the CNY Biotech Accelerator is modern lab space designed by the S/L/A/M Collaborative architectural firm.
Each Laboratory Module Includes:
- Benches and casework for the module
- Fume hood and biosafety cabinet
- Telephone jacks
- Data connections
- Manual keypad entrance lock
- Fixed lighting
- Building heating, air conditioning and ventilation system
- 120-volt single phase electrical outlets
- House compressed air and vacuum
- Hot/cold potable water
- Purified water
- Natural gas for laboratory instruments
A critical feature of incubation is the synergy that occurs among other growth-oriented companies. The CNY Biotech Accelerator provides several common areas for formal and informal gatherings. In addition, several accelerator-wide programs will be held in these areas and open to all clients.